- Job Seeker
- Fidelity Bonding
The fidelity bonding service helps at-risk job applicants get and keep a job. TWC and the Workforce Development Boards offer free fidelity bonding services to reduce employers’ concerns about hiring at-risk job applicants who cannot be bonded through other sources. For this bonding, Union Insurance Group issues an insurance policy that protects the employer against employee acts of dishonesty such as larceny, embezzlement, and theft.
- Coverage is free for six months. After six months, bonding becomes the employer’s responsibility.
- Coverage is usually issued in the amount of $5,000.
- There is no deductible.
- There are no forms to fill out and no processing.
- Coverage can be activated almost immediately.
Applicants eligible for fidelity bonding services include:
- Ex-offenders, including individuals with records of arrest, probation, or any police record
- Applicants with poor credit histories, including bankruptcy
- Veterans dishonorably discharged from the military
- Public assistance recipients
- Applicants with a substance abuse history
- Disadvantaged youth who lack a work history
- Anyone who is declined fidelity bonding through the commercial bonding system
A fidelity bond will not provide coverage for self-employed individuals looking for a performance bond, surety bond, or contract bond. Fidelity bonds cover only a specific employer-employee relationship, which is demonstrated by withholding income and social security taxes.
A fidelity bond does not provide coverage for poor workmanship, job injuries, or work accidents.