- Job Seeker
- Vocational Rehabilitation
Why seek Vocational Rehabilitation services?
Texas Workforce Solutions-Vocational Rehabilitation Services are designed to help individuals address employment barriers related to a disability, and supports eligible individuals as they prepare for, obtain, retain or advance in employment.
Individualized services are provided through VR staff co-located at offices in Texarkana, Paris, and Sulphur Springs and may include:
- Assessment for eligibility, career exploration, and planning for employment.
- Disability supports through counseling, therapies, treatments, or assistive devices.
- Training to enhance and expand employment skills through work readiness training, work-based learning experiences, professional training to earn a credential or certificate or work readiness training.
- Job search assistance to help you find competitive integrated employment and support once you are on the job.
Why partner with Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) Business Relations?
Vocational Rehabilitation customers are qualified candidates with the skills, drive, loyalty and dependability that employers want. Workforce Solutions Northeast Texas Business Services Units collaborate with VR Business Relations and can help you tap into this talent pool through:
- Education and Awareness assistance to meet your needs, including site visits, presentations, training, tours and community resource referrals.
- Recruiting to build a strong, diverse workforce by identifying qualified candidates for your job requirements.
- Training to help VR customers learn the foundational soft skills and job skills needed in your business.
- Retention services so that you can retain valuable employees who need help due to a disability that might be jeopardizing their employment.
Start My VR
If you have a mental or physical impairment that has impacted your ability to find or keep a job, Texas Workforce Solutions-Vocational Rehabilitation Services (TWS-VRS) may be able to assist you.
Together with Workforce Solutions Northeast Texas, TWS-VRS provides Texans with disabilities an array of workforce and support services that help you prepare for, find, retain and advance in employment.
The newly launched Start My VR is an online self-referral form that offers a convenient way for Texans with disabilities to take the first step toward employment by meeting with VR staff to learn about Vocational Rehabilitation Services and meet with a VR Counselor. Get started today by visiting Start My VR or by scanning the QR code and taking three easy steps.
- Go to the “Start My VR” secure web portal & enter your contact information.
- Receive a Request Number confirming receipt.
- A VR team member will contact you to share how VR services may benefit you.
VR & Workforce Solutions Board Partnership
To ensure our communities have a highly skilled and trained workforce that meets the needs of local employers, our workforce services assist all Texans, including individuals with disabilities, with career development and increased opportunities for education and training so that all job seekers may connect to or advance in employment.
Workforce Solutions Northeast Texas partners with Texas Workforce Solutions-Vocational Rehabilitation Services (TWS-VRS) to ensure that individuals with disabilities in our community have access to the array of workforce services we offer.
Workforce Solutions staff may make referrals to TWS-VRS for job seekers with physical or mental disabilities to determine appropriate services and eligibility. Workforce Solutions staff may also receive referrals from TWS-VRS for VR customers who may be eligible to receive workforce services such as adult education and literacy services, childcare services, attend career workshops, training, and more. VR staff are often co-located in Workforce Solutions Offices in Texarkana, Paris, and Sulphur Springs and are available to provide information about how VR Services may help individuals with disabilities reach their employment goals.
Together, our partnership is a win-win for Texans with disabilities seeking employment and for employers seeking to expand diversity and inclusion efforts by making their workforces inclusive of people with disabilities.